Clinical consultation is a wonderful way to enhance your practice, receive support in managing challenges in working with clients, increase your high standard of care, explore and grow as a professional, and care for yourself. Clinical consultation, while considered a risk management tool, obligates you to take no specific action, respecting your own professional judgment for selection and implementation.
My clinical consultation is a highly collaborative, strength- based, respectful and supportive process which includes:
- Case review with a focus on clinical process;
- Exploration and enhancement of your use of psychotherapeutic techniques, skills and tools;
- Examination of yourself as therapist and development of therapist authenticity;
- Development of self-care strategies and practices in and out of session to prevent burnout and deepen your work;
- Encouragement of building awareness and exploration of thoughts and feelings awakened in you, the therapist within the therapeutic relationship and how that experience influences your work;
- Help with recognizing your best strengths, and how to develop them further;
Support of the development of healthy strategies to navigate complex work settings and systems which can impact the therapeutic relationship and the therapist.
I approach clinical consultation as an opportunity to experience a safe, supportive environment which: 1) allows for greater exploration of the therapeutic process, 2) encourages deeper exploration of the self as therapist, and 3) provides support to a professional seeking to grow as a person and as a therapist. You, the therapist, in collaboration with me, your consultant, decide what the goals are for consultation and what the focus of the consultation is for each session.
Skills and Training that may be Discussed or Used:
- Trauma-informed care
- Strengths-based approaches
- Sensorimotor and Somatic approaches
- Synergetic Play Therapy
- Mindfulness and Mindfulness-Based Self-Compassion
- Interpersonal Neurobiology
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Core Beliefs and Attachment
- Resourcing Clients
- Animal-Assisted Therapy
Services and Fees:
I provide weekly, bi-weekly and monthly consultation services. Consultation sessions are usually one hour in length, but can be extended. My fee for a 1 hour consultation session is $90 or for 1.5 hours is $120. I offer a 20% discount on weekly consultation and/or multi-session discounts. Additionally, I offer a 50% fee discount for individuals working in public mental health or for a non-profit.