-A Relational Practice to Deepening Connection with Your Dog and to Yourself
Rumi, the 13th century mystic poet, describes a field beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, a place where language, concepts and even our assumptions do not define or distort direct experience. Rumi’s metaphorical field is an invitation to be in authentic relationship to self, other and the world by letting go of ideas, automatic thoughts and limiting beliefs which separate us from fully opening to and knowing our lives and one another.
In relationship to our dogs, this field is an invitation to enter a literal place, the field of relationship, and to embrace a mindset that goes beyond the concepts of “good dog” and “bad dog” with the intent to connect. Out beyond the ideas of “good dog” and “bad dog” lays an opportunity to live more fully and fore filled- eyes wide open – in close relationship with another being. Bond Beyond Canine Companionship Training (BBCCT) is a guided experiential process to deepening in relationship with our canine companions and to ourselves.
The BBCCT approach was inspired by conversations between myself Ashley Foster, B.S., CPDT-KA and influenced by my training as a Synergetic Therapist, my studies of Interpersonal Neurobiology, my mindfulness practice and most deeply by my years with living and loving dogs. BBCCT includes:
- Compassionate exploration of our relational beliefs and our understanding of our dogs
- Examination of the nature of human relationships, attachment and the significance and enhancement of canine-human co-regulation
- Includes practice in mindful and natural observation methods
- Provides professional training in canine communication and offers ways to improve human-canine communication
- Offers experiential (fun and relaxing) activities to explore "seeing" and "being" together with your dog
Distinguishing itself in several important ways from traditional dog training, the focus and goal of CBO is the deepening and enjoyment of the human-animal bond, not training mechanics or obedience outcomes. CBO is a relational practice to living with and loving dogs (and people, too!).
For a no-cost phone consultation call 720 771-4157